Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hodge podge of updates

Okay here it is! Finally some pictures downloaded from the cameras made their way onto the "blogging computer". Yea I know, I can blog from either computer...okay, so I just now got them downloaded period. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Anyway...here is a hodge-podge of pictures and their related stories. Enjoy! Logan in his latest bathtub setup, the towel-lined kitchen sink. It's deep so he doesn't fall out, plus it's small enough that he doesn't slip all over the place. He's outgrown the plastic baby tub but can't sit up on his own yet and this is the best alternative I could come up with. Besides, while taking his last bath, he discovered that he can splash the water with his feet. Oh great fun!
Here's me on a training run the other day. You can't see it, but there's a TV straight ahead of me. It's a wonderful distraction to watch a movie while pounding away with the feet. For those that may not know my latest quest, I'm running a half marathon (13.1 miles) on Dec 6th at Kiawah Island, SC. I'm doing it with a group called Team In Training which raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Check out my TNT website for week by week updates on my training and fundraising efforts. http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/kiawah08/kmccartney
Princess for the Day (You mean you've never worn a tutu all day before?). Here she is waiting for Daddy to come home from work.
Sarah has decided that it's fun to hug Logan now that he'll laugh at her silly faces. Unbelieveably, she even tolerates his open mouth "kisses" on a rare occasion. The only stipulation is it has to pass....
...a smell test!
She's also discovered that she can climb into his bed and have a captive audience. Of course he just laughs and laughs, egging her on of course. I haven't been able to figure out if he's awake or not before she climbs in...he's too good natured to cry about it!
Ah yes! The first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited! It's amazing how they automatically know to climb into their chairs and get busy. The teacher never asked them to sit down, they just did it. Boo-hoo! My little girl is growing up.
Can he be any cuter? I think not.


No comments: