Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A visit from the big man himself

Who are you waiting for Sarah???
Are you expecting a special visitor to our room at Kiawah Island? Do you hear some jingle bells? Maybe reindeer hooves?

Oh my! Is it? Could it be? All the way from the North Pole??? Well, we did catch a glimpse of Mrs. Claus earlier in the day...
WOW!! SANTA CLAUS!! And he even brought milk and cookies for me! Are you going to invite him in??

Okay, I'm very, very excited...but not sure about sitting on his lap.
(editor's note: gotta love the blue oxford shirtsleeve peeking out! Note the height of the bed.)

We'll give Sarah time to warm up while Logan gets a turn.

Boy Santa, those sure are nice glasses you're wearing...can I hold them for you? OOh, and how about that beard? It sure moves around a lot! Okay, Logan's turn is up before Santa gets too dishevelled!

Okay, I'll sit in his lap, but I don't have to look at him!
Commentary-
Daddy: "Sarah, tell Santa what you want for Christmas."
Sarah: "Something big!" (Gotta love a kid with ambition!)
Daddy: "Do you want a bike?"
Sarah: "Yes"
Daddy: "Do you want a Barbie?"
Sarah: "Yes"
Daddy: "Do you want a book?"
Sarah: "Yes. Everything he said." Pointing at Daddy.
At this point, Santa's visit was cut unexpectedly short due to an ignored baby taking a dive off the bed, landing on his head, and screaming bloody murder. So much for showing Santa how nice Mommy and Daddy were...! Coal in our stocking this year, I guess. The baby turned out to be fine, but everyone was a little shakened up to say the least, even Santa. Except, of course, Sarah who was marvelling at how she didn't like milk before, but Santa had brought the best milk she'd ever tasted in her life. How did he know?? So much for sisterly love.
Scenery around the Sanctuary Lobby. I highly recommend this place!

Grand staircases on either side of the entry hall. Sarah insisted on walking up them each time we went to our room rather than walking around to the elevator behind. After the race, I literally couldn't even crawl up those stairs so we made a deal and she would meet me at the elevator doors at the top. I'd say it worked out pretty good. She felt like a princess walking up the castle stairs to her prince, err mommy, and I didn't have to call for an ambulance.
The ENORMOUS Christmas tree in the lobby. It's top decoration was literally bent over against the ceiling because it was about 6 inches too tall for the room. That's me standing to the right of the tree...I've got my purple race shirt on with the yellow number pinned to the front. Estimate me at about 5 feet tall and you get an idea how big that tree was...!



The resort was U-shaped and these chairs were picturesque just sitting there looking out at the ocean with a perfectly manicured lawn stretching out in front of them. You could have used that lawn as a putting green it was so perfect!


View looking to the left from our balcony. Our room looked to the outside of the "U", but this building is actually attached to the hotel. It has conference and ballrooms in it...wouldn't this be a great site for a springtime wedding?? It faces the ocean. This was our view looking to the right from our balcony. Sweeet! The ocean! It was gorgeous!


Here we are having a little post-race dip in the pool. Niiiice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time, except for Logan's little tumble!!! Hope he is ok. Sarah was really proud of Ole' Santa Claus!
Glad you're home now. It was some great pictures though.